It often happens that a manicure has to be done in a hurry, and there is not enough time for the natural drying of the coating. In such cases, knowing how to quickly dry nail polish will come in handy. There are not many of them, but they help to significantly speed up the process. Some techniques provide the achievement of the desired result in just 3-5 minutes.
How can I quickly dry my nail polish at home?
If special manicure products have not been purchased in advance to speed up the drying of the coating, you can use the available tools available in every home.
Here’s how to dry regular nail polish quickly:
- Ice water. To harden the coloring composition, you need to prepare a medium-depth bowl filled with very cold water, if desired, a few ice cubes are added to it. After applying the varnish, place the nails in the liquid for 2-3 minutes and allow them to dry naturally.
- Vegetable oil. This product accelerates the drying of the coating by 2 times. It is necessary to paint the nails, wait 1-3 minutes, then apply a thin layer of vegetable oil on them with a brush. After 2 minutes, you can rinse your hands with cool water and dry with a napkin. Edible oil, which is sold in the form of an aerosol for baking or frying, has a similar effect.
- Cold varnish. This kind of life hack helps to make a manicure as short as possible. Before staining, place the varnish in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes. Cooled coating dries almost immediately after application.
How to dry a thick layer of nail polish?
Some varnishes are too transparent and require multiple applications to achieve a rich and vibrant color. The dense layer of the coating dries for a very long time, and at this time it is undesirable to do anything, because the slightest touch on the manicure can ruin it.
In this regard, many women are interested in whether it is possible to dry their nails with a hairdryer, because this device does an excellent job with wet hair.
The fact is that hot air only contributes to the evaporation of moisture, while the varnish needs to harden. Therefore, a hair dryer can only be used in cases where it has a cold jet supply mode. Warm and hot blowing will have the opposite effect – it will soften the varnish and slow down its drying.
A similar effect can be obtained if you put your hands under the air conditioner, fan, blow on them or hold them near an open window.
Also, a thick coat of polish will dry faster when using the home methods above. But professional drying products are more effective.
Quick and effective ways to dry nail polish
Special liquids that accelerate the drying of a manicure coating come in several varieties:
- Finish coating. Drying consistency is similar to clear nail polish. In addition to speeding up the drying of the surface, it prolongs the life of the manicure, giving it an extra glossy shine.
- Oil. This tool is available in the form of a container with a pipette. A drop of oil quickly spreads over the nail and promotes drying varnish. In addition, the product moisturizes and softens the cuticle.
- Spray. The most convenient tool for application. It is enough to spray the nails with the preparation, and after 2-4 minutes even a very dense layer of varnish will dry. If it comes into contact with the skin, it causes discomfort, but does not harm.
- Quick drying varnish. This product eliminates the need to purchase additional drying products. It dries on its own in less than 5 minutes. Among the shortcomings – it quickly deteriorates, as it freezes right in the bottle, the manicure is short-lived.