Not all women can boast of strong and attractive natural nails, so many resort to the extension procedure. Extended nails are convenient and practical, allowing you to have a flawless manicure for a long time, without requiring a lot of time for care. Gel extensions are very popular today – an environmentally friendly, safe material, very similar in structure to natural nails.
Features of gel nail extension
The nail extension procedure can be carried out not only in salons or by private masters, but even on your own. Of course, before that, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the extension technique and at least once see how professionals cope with it. In addition, the first attempts at this skill are best done on artificial nails until a sufficient level is reached. Below, especially for beginners, the main stages of gel polish nail extension technology at home will be considered using the example of a technique using forms. This method is primarily recommended for those whose nails are naturally widened or curved.
Method of gel nail extension on forms at home
For those who are just mastering the gel nail extension technique at home, it is not recommended to put forms on all fingers at once, it is better to work with each finger in turn. Forms can be used any – both disposable and reusable.
So, the process of gel nail extension on forms includes the following steps:
- Treatment of hands with a disinfectant solution, removal of the cuticle, filing the edge of the nail and filing its surface to roughen it (the abrasiveness of the file is 180 – 240 grit).
- Treatment of the nail with a degreaser.
- Applying a layer of primer.
- Drying in a UV lamp for 2 minutes.
- Installing and fixing the form (before fixing the form should be bent).
- Application of the base layer of gel polish (the product can be applied in several layers until the desired shape and length is obtained).
- Drying in a UV lamp for 2 minutes (repeat after applying each layer of gel).
- Removing the mold and degreasing the surface of the extended nail with a special solution.
- Modeling the free edge of the nail with a file, polishing the surface with a buff.
- Covering nails with a finish gel (followed by drying in a UV lamp for 2 minutes).
- Apply cuticle softener.