Dysport A drug that blocks the neuromuscular signal, resulting in muscle relaxation. Dysport is administered subcutaneously or intramuscularly by injection into the problem area. The active substance of the drug, botulism toxin, is contained in the drug in minimal doses and does not have a toxic effect on the human body. The cosmetic effect of Dysport exposure is observed within 6-9 months, while the duration of the drug is associated with age and skin characteristics.
Side effects of Dysport
Dysport is an effective remedy used not only in cosmetology, but also used for hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating). Also, drug injections can be prescribed for spasticity of the muscles of the neck, arms, shoulder girdle, back, feet, observed after a stroke, traumatic brain injury, or with cerebral palsy in children older than two years.
In general, the body reacts neutrally to the drug, but sometimes side effects occur with the introduction of Dysport:
- neurological amyotrophy, expressed in pain, decreased sensitivity and muscle weakness;
- urticaria in the form of redness and rash;
- flu-like condition (chills, fever, headache);
- visual disturbance;
- swelling of the eyelids and dry eyes;
- changes in facial expressions;
- cosmetic disorders (omission of the eyelid, unnatural raising of the eyebrows, curvature of the nasolabial fold).
The presence of slight edema after the injection is considered normal, and after two days, they should disappear. Unpleasant side effects can be minimized if the dosage of the drug is slightly reduced. Well, you should not neglect the main rule: carefully choose a clinic or a cosmetology center, after reading the reviews on the results of their work!
Contraindications for Dysport injections
There are a number of contraindications to Dysport injections. An experienced doctor must take into account the fact that in some cases Dysport can cause significant harm to the patient’s body. There are both temporary and permanent contraindications to the use of the drug.
- lactation and pregnancy;
- infectious diseases;
- use in the treatment of antibiotics and some other groups of drugs.
Permanent contraindications to the use of Dysport are:
- allergy to the active substance, in connection with which, when deciding on the procedure, you should inform the doctor about hypersensitivity to drugs of protein origin;
- diseases associated with blood clotting disorders (hemophilia, leukemia, etc.);
- pathologies in the functions of the respiratory system, as well as a violation of swallowing. Exposure to the toxin in these cases can lead to respiratory arrest;
- disturbances in the transmission of the neuromuscular impulse, for example, with bulbospinal palsy;
- endocrine diseases.
Dysport – contraindications after the procedure
The cosmetic effect after the injection of Dysport is noticeable already on the first day, but reaches a maximum after two weeks. At the same time, not it should be remembered that there are some temporary contraindications after the introduction of Dysport, namely:
- It is not recommended to visit the bath or sauna.
- You can not sunbathe on the beach or in the solarium.
- Smoking, alcoholic and strong tonic drinks (tea, coffee) are prohibited.
- It is undesirable to eat spicy foods.
- Do not make masks and other facial treatments.
Attention! It is strictly forbidden to inject the drug more than twice a year.