What is peeling is well known to many – it is a popular modern cosmetic procedure that helps to get rid of the outer stratum corneum of the epidermis. Its main task is to improve the appearance of the skin and improve it by clearing dead cells.
How does peeling work on the skin?
The procedure cleanses the deep layers of the epidermis and moisturizes it. It improves the overall appearance of the skin. Thanks to a slight lifting effect, fine wrinkles are smoothed out and rejuvenation is provided. In addition, facial cleansing with peeling is recommended for people who suffer from acne. The procedure eliminates inflammation and evens out the relief of the epidermis.
This is one of the types of cleansing. Its main advantage is safety. You can understand what superficial peeling is by its name. The procedure does not imply too deep penetration into the skin, thereby reducing the risk of irreparable consequences. At the same time, the effect of cleaning is not as long as the results of using more stringent methods.
Superficial peeling improves the appearance of the skin, making it healthy and radiant. After the procedure, there are no small wrinkles on the surface of the epidermis, pigmentation disappears. The compositions used stimulate the production of collagen, enhance regenerative processes. You can carry out superficial peeling at home with the same success as in the salon. Skin care products can now be found in an assortment of different brands.
Understanding what superficial peeling is, you can also familiarize yourself with the main stages of the procedure:
- The skin is thoroughly cleansed only not with soap and not with products containing alcohol. Ideal – foam for sensitive skin.
- The composition is applied to the epidermis. In the first phase, you need to keep it on your face for 10 minutes, in the second – 5 minutes.
- Your face may turn red immediately after washing. This is normal, the most noticeable effect becomes only on the 3rd day.
- Cleaning can be done every week.
This type of cleansing is a little more harsh. Because peeling works more efficiently, the skin needs to be prepared for the procedure for 2-3 weeks:
- You need to regularly treat the epidermis with creams with a high content of fruit acids.
- To make the procedure more effective, pre-carry out several sessions of glycol peeling.
- People prone to the herpes virus should prevent the disease.
What is a medium peel? The essence of the procedure is the same as for surface cleaning. The main difference is the use of a more aggressive cleaning composition. The depth of its impact for each patient is determined individually and varies depending on the characteristics of the skin and the presence of concomitant dermatological problems.
The middle peeling roll is effective against age spots. The procedure qualitatively smooths out shallow wrinkles and masks age-related changes in the décolleté area. This result is provided by trichloroacetic acid, which penetrates into the upper layers of the skin, removes dead cells and promotes the rapid growth of new ones.
This procedure destroys the epidermis, penetrates the papillary dermis and reaches its reticular layer. Simply put, deep acid peeling completely destroys the old layer of skin throughout its entire thickness, leaving only small tissue islands, due to which the epidermis is completely restored. Perform cleaning with phenol-based products.
With the fact that deep peeling is understood, we can begin to describe the features of the procedure:
- Since phenol is toxic, cleaning can be done on limited areas of the skin.
- It is important to understand that deep peeling is not a plastic surgery, and it does not eliminate all signs of aging.
- It is impossible to carry out the procedure at home.
Types of peeling
By the nature of the impact, exfoliation of the skin of the face can be:
Each of these methods has its own advantages and disadvantages. Different patients are suitable for different procedures. It is recommended to choose the most suitable one together with a specialist who will take into account all the features of the skin. It is not recommended to experiment on your own, because the procedures can have unpleasant consequences, the correction of which will take a lot of time and money.
Such cleansing of the skin involves the use of special formulations that contain abrasive microparticles and granules that exfoliate dead cells. The main tasks of mechanical peeling:
- alignment of color and relief of the skin;
- cleansing and narrowing of pores;
- elimination of excessive pigmentation;
- scar removal;
- removal of inflammation;
- getting rid of oily sheen;
What is mechanical peeling, of course. When is such a procedure indicated? It is usually prescribed for:
- enlarged pores;
- increased pigmentation;
- severe peeling;
- greasy shine of the skin of the face;
Since this manipulation is traumatic, it also has contraindications. Among the latter:
- atopic dermatitis;
- fragile vessels.
Immediately after peeling, the skin may be reddened, with bruising. During this period, it requires special care. For several days it is advisable not to use cosmetics, but instead of the usual creams, treat the epidermis with special preparations that a specialist will prescribe. A few weeks after cleansing, it is not recommended to go to the sauna and expose the skin to ultraviolet rays.
Chemical peeling of the skin
This is one of the most popular facial rejuvenation products. Peeling with acids removes the top layer of the epidermis and activates regeneration processes. Deep cleansing of the skin of the face gives a rejuvenating effect, no worse than after surgery, but it should be done only with deep scars, scars or wrinkles. Cleaning should only be carried out by a qualified person.
Contraindications to chemical peeling are as follows:
- skin lesions of an inflammatory and non-inflammatory nature;
- hypersensitivity to the components of the composition;
- the presence of keloid scars.
After the procedure, the skin is moisturized and treated with anti-inflammatory and sunscreen for another week or two. Since chemical peeling only starts regenerative processes, and does not act directly, the result can be seen only after 2-3 weeks. Just so much time is required for the restructuring of the epidermis. Cleaning should be done twice a year, during the period of least solar activity.
As the name implies, the procedure requires a facial cleanser. The most popular types of cleaning are:
- Laser. Fractional photothermolysis – a subspecies of the method that is most popular – allows you to remove small mimic wrinkles, superficial pigmentation, small scars. Laser peeling affects only the necessary areas and leaves healthy parts of the face intact. The first positive changes become noticeable after a week – 10 days.
- Ultrasonic. The method tones the muscles, conducts massage at the cellular level, supplies muscle tissue with oxygen. Cleaning is carried out using a special spatula. Before the procedure, be sure to steam the skin.
What is the best peel?
It is necessary to make a choice based on various factors – such as type, color, type of skin, the presence of dermatological problems, the age of the patient, and the characteristics of his body. To choose the most effective procedure, it is advisable to consult with a specialist. Which peel to choose depends on the desired result. Only deep cleansing will help rejuvenate the skin of people over 50 years old. It will be possible to restore complexion using a mechanical type of procedure, and salicylic acid will cope with problem skin.
Peeling for dry skin
The following types of cleaning are suitable for epidermis prone to dryness:
There is also a therapeutic peeling of the skin. It is recommended to do it when spider veins appear on the epidermis, with severe swelling or the presence of subcutaneous infiltrate. Home cleaning compositions are prepared on the basis of such products:
- berries with small seeds;
- cane sugar;
- herculean flakes;
A good proven remedy is milk peeling. The basis of the composition can be any fermented milk products. Due to the lactic acid they contain, they cleanse the skin effectively and gently. Peeling based on cottage cheese is especially useful. In combination with aggressive acids, the ingredient provides effective protection to even the most sensitive skin type.
Peeling for oily skin
This type of epidermis requires light products that will effectively cleanse it, but not oversaturate it with fats. As a rule, cleansing of oily skin is carried out with compositions based on:
Peeling for problem skin
Cleansing combination skin can be done in different ways. The most popular cleansing option is considered to be using fruit acids. Compositions prepared on the basis of trichloroacetic acid, salt or soda have proven themselves well. Against acne, bodyagi peeling helps well. A teaspoon of the powder is diluted with a little water and applied to the skin for 5 to 7 minutes.
Which peel is best for rejuvenation?
To refresh the epidermis and rejuvenate it, you should use the following tools:
- Quince scrub. Exfoliation of the skin is carried out with finely grated fruit pulp.
- Salicylic cleansing. The procedure will require 3 Aspirin tablets, water and a little honey.
- Coffee scrub. Prepared from coffee grounds.