The pain syndrome comes at the most inopportune moment. It can be terribly exhausting, depriving of vitality. And even if it is not a strong pain, but only a aching condition, as, for example, when the nail on the big toe hurts, such a situation is unpleasant.
Why does my big toe nail hurt?
There are many reasons for this pathological phenomenon. But all of them can be conditionally divided into 2 groups: external and internal factors.
External factors may include:
- uncomfortable shoes that squeeze the phalanges of the finger, because of which the pain is given in the nail plate;
- the nails on the thumbs hurt if calluses have formed here;
- injury to the finger (this condition is accompanied by reddening of the tissues surrounding the nail plate, and not passing aching pain);
- intense physical activity on the legs;
- an ingrown nail on the big toe also hurts.
The internal provocateurs of pain include the following factors:
- vulgus deformity of the feet;
- arthrosis, etc.
If the cause of the pain of the nail plate is internal factors, it is not enough just to relieve the pain syndrome. It is necessary to eliminate the root cause, i.e. disease that provokes this unpleasant condition. In this case, only a qualified doctor can choose high-quality and safe treatment. Before prescribing the optimal treatment regimen, he will conduct a proper examination.
“Ambulance” at home
There is no universal remedy for pain, because in each case it is provoked by different factors. To stop the pain syndrome, at home, you can make a soda or salt bath of increased strength and lower your fingers into it for 10 minutes. The temperature of such a bath should be at least 38 degrees.
If the corner of the nail on the big toe hurts, and the pain is caused by a bruise, you should immediately apply a few drops of iodine to the nail plate. After the achieved relief, the condition is still necessary to consult a doctor.