The new generation pharmaceutical product Elokom is intended for the treatment of inflammatory and allergic diseases of the scalp. Lotion Elokom has the following effects:
- relieves skin inflammation and swelling;
- relieves itching;
- slightly dries out the scalp.
The question of whether Elocom lotion is a hormonal drug or not is significant for many. Experts draw attention to the fact that although Elokom belongs to glucocorticoid drugs, the absorption of a 0.1% solution into the blood is negligible. When applied externally, the lotion is almost not absorbed into the bloodstream and does not have a systemic effect on the body.
Indications and contraindications for the use of Elocom lotion
Elocom hair lotion helps to cure inflammation, eliminate itching in case of skin diseases of non-infectious etiology. Indications for use are:
Also, Elokom lotion can be used to treat sunburn and insect bites.
Contraindications to the use of the drug are:
- hypersensitivity to components, primarily to the active substance – mometasone;
- inflammation of the skin of an infectious nature (viral, bacterial, fungal infections);
- perioral dermatitis (inflammation of the skin around the mouth);
- pregnancy and lactation.
How to use Elocom lotion?
As indicated in the instructions for use, hair lotion, like other dosage forms of Elokom (ointment and cream), are intended only as external agents. A few drops of the solution are applied to the scalp, and it is rubbed with soft movements into the skin until absorbed. For economical use, it is recommended to bring the bottle with the agent as close as possible to the treated area of the skin, squeezing the agent through the dropper in small doses. The procedure is carried out once a day. The duration of the course of treatment depends on the intensity of the symptoms of the disease and the effectiveness of the drug. As with therapy with other glucocorticosteroids, the use of all forms of Elocom should be stopped immediately after the cure for the disease.
The instructions for use of the Elokom lotion note that if side effects appear (skin irritation, itching, burning, rash, prickly heat, secondary infections), the use of the drug should be discontinued and appropriate treatment should be carried out.
Elokom lotion analogues
Elokom lotion has several analogues:
- Solution for external use Unidermwhich is a complete analogue of Elokom, is indicated for use in psoriasis, dermatosis, atopic dermatitis, including on the scalp.
- Lotion Momekon and solution for external use Momederm are structural analogues of the drug Elokom. Momekon lotion is a corticosteroid used in dermatology. The drug helps to eliminate itching, inflammation of the epidermis and has the same indications for use as Elocom.
- Solution Momederm has antipruritic, anti-inflammatory and anti-exudative action. Momederm is intended for the treatment of dermatoses, including seborrheic dermatitis.
- Lotion Calamine is not a generic solution of Elok, but is also intended for the complex treatment of a number of skin diseases and itching. The modern remedy does not contain hormones and substances that cause allergies. The main active ingredients of the lotion are calamine and zinc oxide.