Many people experience hyperhidrosis. And although this disease is not dangerous, it significantly reduces the quality of life. Therefore, the issue of how to get rid of underarm sweating is given great attention.
How to get rid of excessive armpit sweating with traditional medicine?
Modern medicine offers the most effective methods of dealing with hyperhidrosis:
- Iontophoresis. During manipulation, medicines that normalize sweating are supplied to the body. Up to 10 procedures may be needed to completely defeat the disease.
- Botox. Botox is injected with thin needles into the hyperhidrosis area. This substance has a depressing effect on the secretion of sweat glands. Usually one procedure is enough to forget about the problem for the next six months.
- The use of external preparations. One of these life-saving remedies is Formagel. It should be applied to well-washed, and then dried skin for a third of an hour. Treatment lasts 10-12 days.
- Surgical intervention. In fact, this is a drastic measure. During the procedure, sweat glands are excised. Before such a procedure, patients receive detailed information on how to permanently get rid of armpit sweating with a laser.
The best option can be selected only after a thorough examination. Each such method of dealing with hyperhidrosis has a number of contraindications.
How to get rid of excessive armpit sweating – alternative remedies
Alternative methods may include the following:
- Compliance with basic rules of personal hygiene. You need to take at least twice a day a contrast shower. After such a procedure, you do not need to rush to immediately wipe yourself off. It is advisable to give a few minutes of time for the body to “breathe”, and after that, wipe off and dress.
- Shaving hair or implementing other depilatory methods. In a “hairy” environment, bacteria multiply more intensively, which provoke the appearance of a sharp unpleasant odor. Then be sure to get rid of the hair in this area.
- Wearing clothes made from natural fabrics. Synthetics are not breathable.
- The right antiperspirant. Most of these personal care products are aimed at clogging the sweat glands. However, there are also medical antiperspirants on the market. They contain zinc and aluminum compounds, which are not entirely healthy. Therefore, before buying a medical antiperspirant, a consultation with a doctor is necessary.
Having an idea of how to get rid of excessive armpit sweating with alternative means, you can easily deal with hyperhidrosis at home.
How to get rid of armpit sweating with folk remedies?
In the arsenal of folk experts, there are also many secrets of the fight against hyperhidrosis. Of course, you need to understand that getting rid of underarm sweating with folk remedies will not work as quickly as possible. These methods give a short-term effect, and the result is not so immediately noticeable.
For example, in the fight against hyperhidrosis, baking soda has proven to be excellent. Therefore, people suffering from this ailment often wonder how to get rid of armpit sweating with soda. There is nothing super complicated here. Soda is used as a solution.
Recipe for making a soda solution for excessive sweating
- baking soda – 2 teaspoons;
- water – 0.2 l.
Preparation and application
Soda is dissolved in warm water. Then, cotton pads are dipped into the prepared solution and wiped with clean, dried skin of the armpits. As an alternative to this remedy, you can use just soda powder. After taking a shower, wipe yourself dry and rub the armpit area with soda.