Deep cleansing of the skin is the first and very important step in proper cosmetic care. Peeling (exfoliation) helps to eliminate the dead layer of the epidermis, remove excess fat and dirt from the pores, even out the color and relief of the face. The most gentle option is the procedure using natural acids.
What is a fruit facial peel?
The name of the presented manipulation comes from the English verb to peel – to sand, scrape. Fruit acids for peeling and regeneration have the mildest effect, therefore they do not harm even sensitive, dry and allergic skin. Such exfoliation gently removes unwanted epidermis, deeply cleanses pores, stimulates cell regeneration and elastin production.
Fruit peeling is an effective procedure to improve the appearance of the face and normalize the activity of the sebaceous glands. With long-term regular use of exfoliates (alpha hydroxy acids or AHAs), they help get rid of age spots, post-acne and comedones, visibly even out skin texture and tone. One of the advantages of manipulation is the safety and the possibility of performing sessions at home.
How does fruit peeling work?
According to the mechanism of action, the procedure in question is a chemical burn of the skin, the depth of which is carefully controlled. Fruit peeling for the face contains acids that dissolve dead cells, sebum secretions and dirt in the pores. Improvement in the appearance of the skin is noticeable after the first manipulation. For sustainable results, a course of cosmetic therapy is required – from 4 sessions (the number depends on the condition and needs of the epidermis) with breaks of 7-10 days.
When is the best time to do a fruit peel?
Due to the removal of the surface layer of the skin, it becomes more susceptible to negative environmental factors. For this reason, facial peeling with fruit acids is recommended during periods of low solar activity, optimally from autumn to spring. Otherwise, the risk of the formation of persistent age spots increases against the background of increased melanin production under the action of ultraviolet radiation. If fruit peeling cannot be postponed and manipulations have to be carried out in the summer, it is important to protect the epidermis. For this, special creams with an SPF of at least 30 units are suitable.
How often can fruit peeling be done?
The concentration of preparations for application, the duration of their exposure and the frequency of procedures are determined individually. Facial cleansing with fruit acids refers to superficial peels, but if used incorrectly, it can be harmful and provoke a deep chemical burn. This is fraught with dangerous complications, damage to blood vessels and the formation of scars.
Girls with normal skin without pronounced defects are recommended to do exfoliation 1-2 times a year. If the epidermis is prone to oiliness, there are multiple deficiencies (comedones, post-acne, pigmentation, scars, and others), it is advisable to perform fruit-acid peeling more often. The nuances of the course of treatment should be determined by an experienced cosmetologist. Some women need 5-8 sessions 2-3 times a year, in other cases up to 11 treatments are needed.
Fruit peeling – contraindications
There are conditions under which exfoliation cannot be done only at a particular moment and must be postponed. Fruit peeling has the following relative contraindications:
- fresh tan;
- a period of high solar activity;
- exacerbation of herpes;
- mechanical damage to the skin (abrasions, scratches, wounds);
- inflammation in the area of application of the drug;
- the use of photosensitizing drugs or cosmetics.
Sometimes peeling based on fruit acids is strictly prohibited:
- intolerance to the components of the drug, allergy;
- severe blood diseases;
- the tendency of the skin to scarring and pigmentation in case of damage;
- chronic dermatological pathologies;
- serious somatic diseases;
- neoplasms of any quality.
Fruit acids for the face
Exfoliation uses natural ingredients extracted from natural products. Fruit acid peels can be based on the following AHAs:
Fruit peeling in the salon
If the manipulation is intended to solve severe skin problems, it is better to trust the specialists. Professional chemical peeling with fruit acids is produced in different concentrations, which determine the degree of its effect on the epidermis. The course of therapy is carried out in stages:
- the first sessions – up to 20% AHA;
- from 3-4 procedures – 40-55%;
- final manipulations – 70-90%.
Fruit peeling for the face in the salon is selected individually, so it will exactly match the type and oiliness of the skin, its needs and treatment goals. Experienced cosmetologists often combine several exfoliates to achieve the desired results. Thanks to a competent approach, it is possible to deeply cleanse the epidermis without significant damage, get rid of “black spots” and closed comedones, remove age spots and small superficial scars, and rejuvenate the skin. Visual manipulation effects are easy to see in the photographs.
Fruit peeling for the face at home
Self-exfoliation is acceptable for minor problems with the epidermis. Cleansing the face with fruit acids at home will help eliminate rare and small skin defects, prevent the formation of comedones and regulate the activity of the sebaceous glands. It is allowed to be performed more often than professional procedures because the concentration of AHA in home remedies is low and the risk of burns is minimal.
How to peel with fruit acids?
There are ready-made preparations for exfoliation and recipes for their self-production from natural products. The procedure for peeling at home using professional cosmetics is as follows:
- Wash thoroughly with a deep cleansing facial foam.
- Rinse skin with cool or lukewarm water.
- Starting from the forehead and nose, apply the fruit peel to the face with a wide, soft brush. The drug is distributed in a thin layer and strips, which should not overlap each other.
- Avoid the area of the eyelids and lips.
- Keep the exfoliate for 20-40 minutes (according to the instructions and the concentration of the product).
- Wash off the preparation with cool running water without hygienic cosmetics.
- After complete drying of the skin and after 2-3 hours, moisturize the epidermis with a light cream.
Fruit peeling at home – recipes
Women with normal facial skin without significant flaws can regularly apply special masks made from natural products. Peeling with fruit acids at home is as safe as possible, because it contains AHA in low concentrations. With good tolerance, such procedures are allowed to be done 1-3 times a week for several months.
Sweet fruit peeling at home
- kiwi – 200 g;
- banana – 200 g;
- pineapple – 200 g.
- Peel and grind the fruit components, chop with a blender.
- Blend pulp until smooth.
- Apply the puree to a clean face.
- Wash off with cool water after 15 minutes.
Affordable peeling for face and body
- apple – 100 g;
- carrots – 50 g;
- cucumber – 50 g.
- Finely grate or chop foods with a food processor.
- Mix fruit and vegetable ingredients.
- Apply to clean, damp skin.
- Wash off the composition after 10 minutes.
Nourishing peeling with fruit acids
- natural unsweetened yogurt – 1.5 teaspoons;
- freshly squeezed grapefruit juice – 2 teaspoons.
- Mix ingredients.
- Apply a thin layer of product on a clean face.
- After 2-3 minutes, repeat the action.
- After 5 minutes, apply the third layer of the product.
- After a quarter of an hour, wash with cool water.
Skin care after peeling with fruit acids
Exfoliation is damage to the epidermis, so it needs high-quality protection. Skin care after peeling should be soft and gentle. To cleanse the face, it is necessary to use gentle mousses, gels, foams, abandoning scrubs and alcohol-containing lotions. If you’re doing a fruit pro peel, it’s important to use sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30, even if the weather isn’t sunny. It is forbidden to visit the solarium or sunbathe on the beach during the entire course of exfoliation.