Winter foundation differs from summer foundation not only in palette, but also in composition and, accordingly, properties. Winter products provide a more “velvet” coverage. They can be represented not only by liquid foundation, but also by compact cream powder. How to choose a foundation for the winter – we’ll talk about this in our article.
What foundation is better to use in winter?
With the advent of winter, you should not write off the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation, so SPF filters should be present in the cream, as before.
Avoid using compact powder in winter as it dries out the skin. It is better to replace it with matting napkins.
As our skin becomes paler in winter, gradually losing its summer tan, it’s time to change the color of cosmetics, including foundation. It should become less intense so that the complexion, neck and hands do not have a striking contrast.
The best creams for dry skin for the winter
If you don’t know which foundation is better to choose for the winter, you should listen to the advice of experts. Among their recommendations:
- Christian Dior DiorSkin Icone Photo Perfect Cream To Powder – a good foundation with the effect of “photo retouching”. It softens the skin, smoothes small wrinkles. It can be used daily. The mattifying effect lasts throughout the day. The skin from regular use of the cream becomes soft and smooth.
- Lancome Photogenic Lumessence – cream with a smoothing effect. Eliminates uneven skin, fine wrinkles, and mother-of-pearl particles reflect light, scatter it, so that the natural complexion is preserved throughout the day. Moistened with cream, the skin becomes elastic and tender, and thanks to UV filters, your skin is not threatened with overdrying and photoaging.
- Extra Repair Foundation SPF25 BobbiBrown – This thick foundation is ideal for dry skin in the winter season. It perfectly protects against adverse factors. like wind and frost, as well as temperature changes. With it, the skin looks absolutely smooth and young. The formula contains anti-aging ingredients.
- Wild Rose Foundation Korres – Incredibly stable foundation, very easy to apply. Gives the skin a natural color and smoothness. Thanks to the content of wild rose extract, it smoothes mimic wrinkles and makes the skin healthy and radiant.
- JA-DE Advance Wear Foundation SPF 9 – a cream with an optimal balance. Suitable for all skin types, as it can adapt to the characteristics of each of them. Provides an even complexion with a smooth matte finish.