If you notice that your eyelashes have become thinner, grow slowly, break and fall out, then they need special care. The deterioration of eyelashes is most often associated with the impact of various adverse factors: the constant use of cosmetics, dyeing, perm, false eyelashes, natural factors (frost, ultraviolet radiation), etc. Also, problems with eyelashes can occur due to certain diseases, lack of vitamins and minerals.
One of the simplest and most affordable, yet very effective means for the growth, strengthening and restoration of eyelashes is castor oil, which has long been used in cosmetology. This oil is also used to care for the skin of the face and body, for hair, nails, eyebrows, but we will dwell in more detail on its use for healing eyelashes.
Castor oil for eyelashes – benefits and uses
Today, castor oil is commercially available, specifically designed to strengthen eyelashes, with the addition of various nutrients and vitamins. It is poured into convenient bottles with brushes, which makes it much easier to use. However, a completely identical, but more cost-effective option is the use of castor oil purchased at a pharmacy.
It is best to purchase well-refined castor oil, which is easily identified by its pale yellow color. For application, you can use a brush from an old carcass, thoroughly washing it in hot water with soap and drying it.
Eyelashes after castor oil become stronger, their growth improves, they thicken and even slightly lengthen. Due to the fact that the effect of this remedy contributes to the activation of dormant bulbs, the density of eyelashes noticeably increases over time.
Castor oil can be applied undiluted to the eyelashes or mixed with other ingredients that will enhance and complement its effect. If you decide to use castor oil in its purest form to improve the condition of eyelashes, use the following recommendations:
- Before use, the oil should be slightly warmed up – in a water bath or simply by lowering the bottle with the product for a few minutes in warm water.
- To avoid getting the product in your eyes, you can smear castor oil on your eyelashes, tilting your head forward so that your face is parallel to the floor.
- Castor oil is applied to cleansed dry eyelashes with a thin layer with a brush, starting from the middle of the hairs to the tips.
- The agent should be kept for at least 20 minutes. As a rule, for maximum effect, it is kept for about 1-2 hours or until discomfort (burning, itching, etc.) appears.
- You need to remove the oil with the help of cotton pads, and if necessary, use after that the gel for washing.
- Therapeutic procedures should be carried out daily (preferably in the evening) for two months, then take a break of 3-4 weeks and repeat the course again.
Masks with castor oil for eyelashes for growth and strengthening
- Mix 3-4 drops of castor oil with oil solutions of vitamins A and E (1 drop each).
- Apply the mixture on the eyelashes for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the mask with a cotton pad, then rinse with warm water.
- Mix in equal proportions castor oil, wheat germ oil, as well as linseed and almond oil.
- Apply to eyelashes for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the mixture with a cotton pad, rinse with warm water.
- Combine castor oil with aloe juice (or peach juice) in a ratio of 7:3.
- Apply the resulting mask on the eyelashes for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the mask with a dry cotton pad, then rinse with warm water.